"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else."

Thursday, March 10, 2011

By your requests...

I am going to begin to offer my altered books on Etsy as well as through the sales reps and gift markets.  I am afraid I have lost count of special requests, and this seems to be the most fair way for me to handle these.  I will begin to blog what has been recently posted in my Etsy shop "Cottage on Tabor Lake".  Thank you so much for visiting here.  I hope this will work out well for everyone involved.  As always, I certainly welcome your comments and emails.

This current book is an homage to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and authentic in the details one might find in a Victorian Scrapbook type art journal.  Each two page spread has a Browning quote and the objects used in the collage are related to that quote. The original book is an 1898 Newark Ohio high school textbook, whose pages, as well as front and back cover are done in beeswax and encaustics.



Found objects, vintage fabrics and laces, victorian era images and ephemera, old postage stamps, cigar bands, etc. adorn these pages, which too, have been preserved in beeswax.  There are 34 two page spreads and the book measures 4" x 6" x 4".

4 comments:

  1. Belo...belissimo altered book

    cada detalhe maravilhoso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias. Esto es tan dulce de ustedes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear this is just gorgeous and absolutely amazing...what a fabulous creation.
    Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my blog.
    When I read the quote on your header I knew you would understand that the words I write in my posts aren't prose so much as they are how I feel in my heart. It is scary laying out what is in your heart and your deepest private feelings and thoughts for other to read...but I have found that when I do others respond with their love in return.
    You are a wonderful artist in your own right keep up your beautiful work...think and then write from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't possibly know what this comment means to me, especially coming from you, whom I consider such an amazing artist. I will cherish these words forever and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete