"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else."

Friday, March 11, 2011

Neo-Victorian Assemblage Charm Necklace

This necklace was so much fun to create!  I love to be as naive as possible in the rendering of a period piece, so this is done in the way I imagine a young woman of that time may have put one together.  Using "charms" that were acurate for the time and a folk art style of wire wrapping, I assembled a 35" necklace using clay beads and elements, found elements, vintage buttons, vintage earrings, silk cording, etc.  What fun!



It's over at my Etsy Shop if you want to take a closer look.

2 comments:

  1. First of all I'm glad you are posting on your blog so I can leave a comment. I want to thank you for leaving me comments on my blog, they are always appreciated. Second you art work is fabulous your book of the previous post has so much work in it WOW! and I love your necklace. I'm glad you have an esty store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear from you...I visit your blog every day. Thanks so much for the very kind words. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete