"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else."

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Something new on Etsy


Today I listed this 8 x 10 beeswax collage.  It is primarily autumnal tones, and the beeswax is the natural amber color I favor.  There is a lot of textural interest to this piece, and after many layers of beeswax, I added paper flowers, the "Imagine" frame, corkscrew willow and a vintage button.  The collage contains vintage images, text, various papers, my hand painted water color of an owl, and a strong nod toward  nursing, and wisdom . The substrate is tempered masonite.  Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, I just love things covered in Bees wax it gives it such a rich look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment...I love beeswax because of the scent; so earthy and sweet.

    ReplyDelete